Thursday, June 11, 2015

°˖✧✝ Birthday Gifts from Myself ✝✧˖°

The crucifix wrapped in thorns is gorgeous,
but check out that custom lace!

I splurged a lot more this year for my birthday than last year. But I didn't end up spending a large amount of money like most would for their birthday. I wanted to try to get as many gifts as I could for the price of paying for one or two gifts. So, instead of dumping my money on a new BABY release, I hunted down five main pieces to add to my closet! And I consider at least two of them being rare items.   

◊ Metamorphose Set

Some of you may recall that I bought a Metamorphose set last year for my birthday too.
I guess this is becoming a tradition.

The first thing I bought was this amazing jacket and skirt set from Metamorphose. I've been eyeing this set for awhile online and watched it get lowered two times. When it was first posted, it was more than $100, and I didn't have the money for it. But when it was lowered to about $80, I knew that I had to get it. I felt as if the price was as good as it was going to get. I paid over $120 for my first Metamorphose set, so getting this one for $85 was a huge bargain for me. And this one is even more detailed than the first!

This is the only picture and information I could find of this set.
I pretty sure they're not from the same series, but their styles are the same.

Aside from the picture above, I've never seen this set before. And unlike the other older pieces in my wardrobe, I actually want to find out the name for it! So, if you may know any information pertaining to this set, please leave a comment!


◊ Algonquins Blouse


I wasn't planning on buying a blouse for my birthday, but after looking at the detail shots of this one, I couldn't think about purchasing anything else. I was going to overlook this piece at first because the blouse's color can come off looking blue, and blue isn't a color I think I can wear well, but the bat wing collar is what peeked my interest in the end. I'm such a sucker for bat wing collars! I'm also a sucker for good deals, so this $28 blouse was something I couldn't pass up.

This Algonquins blouse has easily become my favorite blouse in my wardrobe. And the reasons for that are the little details found throughout the blouse. The pieces I own typically have simpler designs, like this blouse, but I love when there is some type of unique tailoring or a whimsical decoration. And this blouse has both of those additions. Although there are many, the greatest adornment this blouse features is the pinned applique of a bat hanging upside down with the brand's name embroidered across it.


◊ Heart E OP


Okay, so this one is by far the biggest shocker on my list. In this current era of Lolita fashion, we're used to Heart E designs leaning more to a Sweet style. Though, even with their soft pink OPs and polka dot JSKs, the brand has dabbled with Gothic designs way back when (but let's be real, at the height of Gothic Lolita's popularity, every brand tried to partake in the style in some way). Be that as it may, this OP transcends all of my expectations of Heart E and the design looks like an early Moi-meme-Montie piece! That's a bold statement, I know. But look at it! I can easily see Mana wearing an OP like this.

I paid very little for this OP, but obtaining wasn't easy. The processes really took me on an emotional roller coaster ride. When the OP was first posted, the seller was trying to sell it for about $140, which was out of my price range at the time. Even though the dress is undeniably gorgeous, after three weeks and three price decreases, the OP was still up for sale! I took it as a sign, and planned on skipping the Metamorphose set so I could bid on the OP when it was about $100. But when I went to look for the post, it was gone! I was beyond devastated. I honestly felt as if I lost something crucial.

I couldn't get over losing such a dress, so I would check the auction site twice a week hoping that whoever bought it would put it back up for auction. That almost never happens, but I was in complete denial. After three weeks, I was able to accept my loss, and gave up looking. But, for some reason, I had the urge to look one more time during the fourth week. I nearly cried when I saw the listing. And here's the most unbelievable part, I only paid $52 for it! I guess the seller noticed how it wasn't selling and listed it at a lower price to get multiple people to bid on it. But I was the only bidder, so I won it easily at such a low price!


◊ Putumayo Skirts


I had my eye on these skirts on Closet Child for awhile, and honestly, just considered them as being pieces I could use to fill in my wardrobe. I'm in a short supply of skirts, so buying these skirts just seemed like a rational decision, while all of my other purchases were more impulsive. Albeit, my approach was reasonable, but my timing was less than sensible. Of course I would buy two velvet skirts in the summertime, that's so me! I didn't even realize what I had done until I confirmed my purchase. I presume I was focused more on only paying $18 for the first skirt, and $23 for the second.

Sure, I knew finding a time to wear these skirts in the summertime was going to be a hard task, but seeing them in person made me uncover another problem- they're extremely short! They didn't look as short on the mannequin in the stock photos, but on me, they're like mini skirts! I was deceived, by the stock photo, but really, it's my own fault for the misunderstanding. I forgot that even though Putumayo is Lolita friendly, the brand is made more for street wear and can be cut shorter than other Lolita brands. I consider myself lucky though, because of the generous amount of shirring on these skirts, I can get away with pulling them down further on my waist so they won't look as short as they actually are.

*The prices listed includes fees and have been rounded up. They don't include shipping.


I can't wait to wear all of the amazing items I've purchased! I already have a couple of outfits planned that I'm eager about. Expect an Ero outfit from me very soon!

°˖✧ 'Till next time


3 comments:

  1. That dress! *_*
    Such a great find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! You have no idea how much I wanted to break down and cry when it was finally listed again. It's a shame that I haven't worn it to a meet yet, though. To be honest, I'm saving it for a special occasion that I'm keeping as a secret for now.

      Delete
    2. Looking forward to a coord! I bet it's gonna be great.

      Delete